Ellis Practice: New appointment system effective from August 2016
The new appointment system effective from 3rd August 2016.
We are offering:
- More appointments on the day
- Telephone appointments
- Pre booked appointments – 2 weeks in advance
- Planned appointments – GP only follow up appointments
You can call 020 8736 7198 any time during opening hours to book an appointment. Please call at 09:00am for same day appointments.
We have made more appointments available to book online 24/7. These are released everyday at 6.00am, 8.00am, 1.15pm and 6.45pm. You can book appointments or request prescriptions using our online service. Please come to reception with photo ID to get the access pin for online services.
All appointments must be booked by telephone or online (ask Receptionists for more details about our online service). Receptionists will ask you to provide a brief reason for the appointment. We do not offer walk in appointments.
If you cannot keep the appointment, you must cancel it as soon as possible. We are working very hard to offer more appointemnts and reduce our DNA's (Did Not Attend). We would be very grateful if you could cancel your appointment in order for it to be given to someone else who needs it.
Appointments can now be cancelled just by text. This can be done simply by replying “CANCEL” to your appointment confirmation text message which is sent to your mobile 1 day before your appointment.
Messages will be sent to patients who do not turn up to their appointment and do not cancel the appointment at least 3 hours before the appointment time. More than three DNA’s (did not attend) may result in removal from our list.
Please call the surgery as early as possible and inform the receptionist you are requesting an urgent appointment.
Ø You will be asked to give the reason for this to the Receptionist
Ø You will be given specific times
Ø You will not be able to request a specific Doctor or Nurse
We regard the following as medical emergencies:
Ø Chest pain
Ø Vision problems
Ø Stomach pains
Ø Urinary symptoms
Ø Emergency pill
We do not regard the following as medical emergencies:
Ø Running out of repeat prescriptions
Ø Wanting a sickness certificate or private letters or forms
Ø Minor illnesses that can clearly wait for routine appointments e.g. warts, trivial colds, other viral illnesses
Ø Problems which are chronic (present for a few weeks) and are not worsening
Repeat Prescription Policy
Our policy for repeat prescriptions is as follows:
- Patients must provide the name and strength of the medication
- A minimum of 48 hours (2 working days) is required between request and collection. Prescriptions requested via the internet on Saturday or Sunday will be ready on Tuesday
- GP appointments are not required for repeat prescriptions unless a GP has requested it. (Repeat prescriptions for contraceptive pills can only be issued after blood pressure check, please book appointment with the Nurse/HCA before you finish your pill as it take longer to process your request)
- You must consult pharmacist at least once every 6 months for medication review
Prescriptions can be requested as follows:
- By posting the request with self-addressed stamped envelope
- Fax – 020 8385 2876
- Through our website ellispractice.co.uk or Patient Access
- In person by filling in a repeat prescription form
- We can send it to you by post if you provide a stamped addressed envelope.
- Picking it up in person after 48 hours (2 working days) of the request. Please note weekend request policy
- If you want a Pharmacy to pick it up, please ask the relevant pharmacy to do so. This is a private arrangement and it should be organised by the patient. Written consent will be required
- You can also nominate a local pharmacy to receive your prescriptions electronically
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT TAKE REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS OVER THE TELEPHONE. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS FOR REPEAT MEDICATION.
Day of request
Many thanks for your support - Dr Sivakumaran, Dr Murphy and Dr Bathia